Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Abbie's Great Grad Trip - An Introduction

Sara (Lil Sis) and I were the Class Of 2014 and walked up the stage to show off some serious Bachelors and Masters degree pride. Sara the Terp walked the Grad walk in May at the University of Maryland, and I strutted a Grad catwalk at the Verizon Center, Washington DC for Strayer University. Both of us had serious gold to show off! We wore our honor societies' medals, cords, and stoles. There was Golden Key International Honor Society for both of us, Phi Kappa Phi for Sara, and Alpha Chi for me! Plus, I had a StrayerU gold medallion boasting a 4.0 GPA! 
Abbie rocking the stage at Verizon Center, Washington DC
Abbie's great grad loot
Sara's great grad loot
Shadow, decked up for Sara's Grad Day.
I figured being a Terp's sister is a big deal and my entry to the graduation venue should make a statement. I got my hands on chalk paint! It was grad season so all the funny stuff was readily available. 
Each one of us also threw each other really rocking grad parties. Of course, Sara baked me a to-die-for cake that looked like an MBA text book with a graduation cap sitting on top, while I relied on good 'ol Safeway to make my party special. Also, Sara's cupcakes were delicious and so beautiful! Enjoy the photos.
Safeway cake for Sara's grad party
Abbie's grad cake by Sara's Baked Creations
Grad Cupcakes by Sara's Baked Creations
Both of us had decided that after being tortured by years of studying, we would vacation like mad. And so, we'd pre-booked tickets to Universal Orlando Resort (our second home! - actually make that home). We were headed to the Wizarding World Of Harry Potter all the way in December. Even the memory gives me goosebumps of joy. Diagon Alley had just been opened in the summer of 2014. We waited all the way for cool weather, and our baby niece's birth, and of course the colors of Fall to set out on a road trip. In Summer, Universal Orlando advertised seriously low park-to-park tickets and hotel accommodations. We needed park-to-park tickets because we wanted to ride the all new Hogwarts Express running between Diagon Alley at Universal Studios and Hogsmeade and Hogwarts in The Islands Of Adventure. These are two parks that make up Universal Orlando Resort. Got it?
The road trip began with excessive baggage (very necessary!), a one-month-old niece (smooch!), and heaps of grad happiness. Sara and I were as excited as the Genie from Aladdin when he was set free! That's how it feels to graduate.
Genie: [leaving to travel the world] I'm history! No, I'm mythology! Nah, I don't care what I am. I'm free-hee!
Our Hogwarts backpacks and Victoria's Secret cases for traveling


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a ton for this wonderful post dear!! All the decoration is looking outstanding. Well, I have been planning a Disney party at one of the kid’s party places in the Bronx. Do you have any party decoration ideas for me?

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Comments: