Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Ramadan Diaries: A 30 Day Magic Carpet Ride Day 5 -10




🎬🌙✨Ramadan Diaries: Day 05 ••• Had to make an “essential” trip to the pharmacy for mom’s painkill pickup! Sara and I played the Hijabi Heist to make things fun! I was Romeo! 😆 Sara and I continue to humor ourselves with the Social Aunty special appearance dialogues! 😆 I decided Laajo Jee and Friend from Kal Ho Na Ho are fit for these voiceovers! ••• Dahi Baray had to be refilled upon my return and so the Meera Besan Devdas sequence ••• Mannee and Chunky are enjoying the Iftar time treat bag countdown SO much! Mannee actually makes a guest appearance midway through her dinner when the clock ⏰ ticks Iftar 😆 ••• 🍫 Snickers was treat of the day!

Abbie Films 🎬🌙✨Ramadan Diaries: Days 8 & 9 ••• It’s supposed to pick up speed now 🚀 Nope, feels slow! I’m starting to feel the dehydration now! 👁 My eyes are drier, lips chapped, throat feels like I’ve swallowed cactuses 🌵 It’s beginning to take its toll on me so I need a battle plan ••• But before I can do something like trying a new recipe or something, the energy’s gone ••• Sara made some divine chocolate cake 🍰 followed by Snickerdoodles on my special request (I LOVE THOSE COOKIESSSSS) ••• The nieces have been jumping on the sofa that’s already breathing its last after ten years of service! ••• I’m laying so dead I go through Bubble Guppies and Paddington without complaining ••• My stash of readymade frozen goodies from the Desi Halal store’s my savior! I’m not the hardworker queen bee who makes her stuff from scratch, rather, I buy them because they’re there 😆 ••• I do have making from scratch on my kitchen goals ••• I’ve been watch food shows! Current addiction was Migrationology! Nothing beats watching a man with table manners deficit (this is a foodie compliment!( and great love for food! ••• Another Ramadan responsibility us paying out Fidya (compensation money to feed the hungry for family members not fasting due to ill health) Got half of that done •••

🎬🌙✨Ramadan Diaries: Day 10 ••• To me, Ramadan is about fighting my demons 🎵 Toss a coin to your Witcher! O! Valley of plenty, Oh O O! 🎵 ••• And they attack from all sides when the stomach is empty. There are all kinds of voids, empty spaces, and boo boos in the heart and soul that begin to tug at my sleeves ••• As usual! We’ll toss them under the big oriental rug ••• Anyhoo! I never got a chance to share the Ramadan Prep Bootcamp stories so that’s what I’m sharing ••• There was a meticulous Chapli Kabab making workshop (courtesy: Mom), and Sara was baking and decorating the most beautiful iconic Ramadan cookies in the world! She and I had also bulk cooked chicken curries and frozen them! ••• The Bootcamp’s simplified life so much! Now, in Zombie Mode, all we are doing is getting up and eating! ••• Hope your Ramadan is going swell?! InshaAllah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: