Sunday, December 16, 2018

WINTER DIARIES: WELCOMING WINTER OF 2019, WINTER BUCKET LIST

Winter 2019 is here! 2018 shall not be mentioned and will not be given any credit. Something's missing this Winter. It is being welcomed quite plainly without the fireworks and Butterbeer toasts of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Typically, I strategize being at Hogwarts each year for bringing in the new year. Alas! (spoken like Dumbledore) The Times Square Ball Drop this year will be watched without being in the magical land. December 21 is when Winter begins officially for the planet. But at Abbiesville, today was the official start of Winter. Yes, I am fast forwarding 2018 with great zeal.
🎄❄️✨🥨🎁🛍🎄❄️✨🥨🎁🛍
🎥🎞ABBie FILMS ••• Mall Day •••


I said an advance goodbye to 2018 today with Sara ••• I’d be traveling when Abbiesville, Maryland will bring in the New Year. So this is the last of caroling I’m hearing, the last of holiday rush I’m seeing, and the last of Santa of course. I’ll be returning to a holiday hangover! ••• So, we strolled around the Mall today, enjoying the festivities. Sara and I have possibly seen a Christmas ghost too! This old man looking like Isaac Newton, wearing the same outfit each time we visit every couple months is always sitting there around the fountain area. Today, he just disappeared in seconds before our eyes. Also ••• don’t miss the special appearance by a Llama! ••• We were swept by the holiday rush, crazy swarms of people! Shopping shopping shopping •••
WATCH SNOW FALLING
I wish for a White New Year! But I want that to happen in the 1st week, the late 1st week of January. That's when I'd enjoy it the most. I'd just sit and watch it. The slowness. I need something like snowfall to slow the pace down for me. A slow start to 2019 will be appreciated.

DONATE BLANKETS
A warm blanket. A simple little thing. I feel the gesture will go a long away and make a difference. The cold is lethal, it hurts. I wish to give the gift of warmth. I am planning on researching some NGOs that do the task for people who wish to donate.

ENJOY HOT COCOA
A winter without hot chocolate is a winter wasted. Give me cups upon cups of hot chocolate. People get a beer belly, but I think mine is a hot cocoa belly. 

CHECK OUT HOLIDAY LIGHTS
As I type down the Winter 2019 bucket list, I have already seen my fair share of holiday lights around the city. They came before me on their own (not a focused drive around wanting to see them like I always do) while I was playing the landlord role. 

BUILD A SNOWMAN POTTERHEAD STYLE
My snowman (if we get a good truck load of snow) will be a Gryffindor!

SET 2019 RESOLUTIONS
Oh yes! Winter is the New Year. 2019 Resolutions will be pretty tight. And I intend on working on them bit by bit.

WINTER CRAFTS
Snowflakes, snowmen, snowglobe, warm fuzzy bits --- my Winter crafts will be sparkling, warm, and flavorful as usual. 
ENJOY HOLIDAY MUSIC IN STORES
Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Rock! --- Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart --- Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer --- All I Want For Christmas Is You --- these classics imitate the feeling of being in love. It is an illusion, but I enjoy it.

BINGE NETFLIX CURLED UP IN A BLANKET IN PJS
Hmm --- I wonder which show am I going to binge watch if I get a chance. I have Riverdale sitting on the list for too long. But each time I go back to Netflix, I resume Supernatural! Let's see. Even Gilmore Girls has been sitting idle for too long. Gilmore Girls is definitely something I would want to endlessly indulge in while in pajama mode in winter.

HALWA PURI BREAKFAST
Ooh! I am looking forward to this as I am typing this out. Halwa Puri is a Pakistani/Indian breakfast delicacy. The Halwa is a semolina pudding, and Puri is a deep fried, flatbread, and both are served steaming hot. I mostly make a brunch deal out of it and add chickpea curry (cholay bhaji) to the menu.

ATTEMPT BULLET JOURNALING
Lately, words have failed me. I feel bullet journaling will be a good strategy for me. No pressure. 2019 should be the perfect start for BuJo. So, this is a New Year resolution as well.

ORGANIZE CLOSET
I won't be surprised if a sasquatch comes out from the heaps of disorganized stuff in my wardrobe. I need to grab the sasquatch by the horns and get things in order for sure.

ENJOY POPCORN
By popcorn I am thinking caramel coated type gourmet popcorn. I am not planning on popping the kernels (ain't nobody's got time for that, folks!) but I want to give the microwave popcorn a gourmet makeover.

MAKE SOUP
Nothing like a delicious, piping hot goodness. I haven't upped my soup game as yet. I think I'd be trying out a soup recipe. Now, half the household has gone dairy free so we have tossed cream based soups out the window. So, my options are broth based or starchy vegetable based recipes. I need to research some recipes and then pick one!

Wishing everybody a dear, warm, enjoyable winter 2019.
Winter Diaries are happening at Abbie's Adventure Diaries. 
Keep reading, stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: