Sunday, December 2, 2018

FOOD JOURNALS: November 2018 - Movie Theater Food Love, Birthday Cakes Season, & Thanksgiving Lost

November was helter skelter on the kitchen front. I was flying wild like the golden snitch! --- I was seen whooshing in and out of the kitchen between doctors' appointments, bathroom remodeling, exterior landscaping/paving work. I did not keep track of what I cooked. It was just cook, cook, cook, cook, cook! I was the acting novice chef in a world of Gordon Ramseys. Food was flying off the fridge shelves because apparently people have been eating like alligators and I was the sole person cooking. I never bulk cook because I cannot function that fast. That left me cooking on a daily basis. It was chicken, rice, vegetables, and dal every other day in the order of running out.
IN LOVE WITH THEATER FOOD: AN ODE TO POPCORN, POTATO WEDGES, & JALAPENO POPPERS
I am cray cray about movie theater food. And solely because of the awesomeness of the experience of watching the movie, the buttered popcorn, the jalapeno poppers, and potato wedges seem more amazing. It was Crimes of Grindelwald and the food shall never be forgotten. I won't forget the "Will you guys keep it down?" by an annoyed racist two seats besides us. We thought the server had messed up our order and snuck potato wedges instead of the poppers. Of course we reacted out loud! Wouldn't anybody? 
At that point, a runaway Niffler became less of a problem and the runaway jalapeno poppers became a big time dilemma until Sara shone her flashlight and found them! Under the wedges, my friends! That kind of didn't sit well with the racist who had been earlier eyeing us so bad it felt like we had the HP scar on our foreheads in place of the head scarves.
Cinemark had the Wizard's Float (wannabe Butterbeer) as the special beverage for Crimes of Grindelwald release. We don't do wannabe Butterbeers because they're just cream soda and that does not gel too well with our palettes. I mean, I have tried cream soda and it has a medicinal taste to it. I have had a troubled childhood and I feel it is one of those nasty syrup medicines they give you. 
AN EXCEPTIONALLY ORDINARY DESSERT: FIRST FONDANT COVERED CAKE GIG
October was my very first fondant covered cake gig. Black! The color I adore more than all colors in existence. I chose that to work with. And working with fondant is no easy task. I tore the thing! Despite Sara's supervision! Despite her telling me to be careful and not to use a pulling motion. I was too hard on smoothing it down the edges and well --- twas the best kept secret of the day! A fondant accent, possibly a cloud went over the rip and it concealed itself! Don't miss the full post about the Exceptionally Ordinary Luna Lovegood Cake HERE.
A GREEN, SINISTER SLICE OF THE THIRTY SECOND - DEATH EATER CAKE BY SARA'S BAKED CREATIONS
There should be an evil Count Dracula type background score playing at this point. That's a slice of the Deranged Lestrange Cake, baked and decorated by Sara, for my thirty second birthday. It's a tribute to my three decades and two years of insane existence. 
The vanilla cake was dyed green for Slytherin house, and it commemorated the great villainous, Bellatrix Lestrange - a Death Eater. Don't miss the ultimate, sinister Death Eater themed birthday party decor that went with the beautiful cake. Read and view photos/videos HERE.
Black fondant! I love the color a wee bit more than others and black fondant was my first fondant covered cake gig (Luna Lovegood Cake up there) so I love it. 
TRY THE STARBUCKS FALL FAVORITES WHILE THEY LAST. PUMPKIN SCONE TOPS THE LIST
I just made myself hungry. The Starbucks Pumpkin Scone is a "spiced pumpkin scone with sweet vanilla icing & a pumpkin spice drizzle, and you’ve got a fall favorite that’s good as pie." Mm-hmm! I enjoyed this on a routine trip to the mall followed by a Hot Topic pickup visit. Sara and I just sat there, looking at people go by and allowed time to pass. Sometimes, doing that puts chaotic nerves to rest. So we indulged in this. Period.
A NO SHOW THANKSGIVING *SAD FACE* - THROWBACK 2013
My Thanksgiving was a no show this year because of being physically and emotionally drained. Contractors were working inside and outside the house. I was in no mood to prepare a feast. It was a mix of emotions - bad ones. Let's not talk too much about it.My Thanksgiving spread from 2013 mocks at me. I rest my case. 
Goodbye November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: