Sunday, November 4, 2018

3 Things I Can't Go Without

THE INTERNETI believe that the worst thing that can happen to a human being of a 'specific' kind in this day and age is the absence of Internet! I go through the disconnect/slow speed when I travel back to Karachi and stay for a while. It is common for the portable wifi device I am given there to lose connection with the ISP service or to experience maddeningly slow speeds due to bandwidth issues. It is a rip-my-hair-out situation. It is one nightmare not to have Internet at all --- the other catastrophe is to see Netflix struggling to load. Sam and Dean were stuck midway exorcising a demon out of a poor woman begging for death.
THE iPHONEO dear it crashed once! I was traveling and some power mishap occurred while the phone was charging overnight! I woke up and my soulmate lay dead besides me! *TRAGIC POSE* It breathed its last sometime during the grim hours of the night and everything in it was lost. I had to wait until I got back home in about 2 weeks and some more until I got a highly busy family member to take it to the Apple store and get a new one. I had turned to stone in those few days --- like a prisoner in solitary confinement! When I am on the daily run, my iPhone is my lifeline because that is how I kill wait times at doctors' offices, that is how I kill time waiting in my car while work goes on at a rental property, and the like! My Starbucks app for collecting rewards, my Giant app for discount coupons and gas rewards, my online banking --- everything just disappeared from my hands.
THE STUDY --- MY CREATIVE DENAgain! I hate being displaced too long from my creative hub. My desk, my magnetic adventure board, my Harry Potter merchandise, my stationery and crafts items, everything --- I need to be there, my home base!
THIS ENTRY IS WRITTEN FOR NOVEMBER JOURNALING MONTH 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: