Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Abbie's Crafts: Desi Girl Pehchaan Corner


August 14th is Pakistan's Independence Day! "Jashne Azadi Mubarak!" ••• Pakistan is my motherland, I was born there. There's no better way to pay tribute to the Motherland while living in the USA than to create a “Desi Girl Pehchaan Corner” in my office! I’ve borrowed graphics from the Internet from Facebook Pages like Pakistani Martha Stewart and added some words myself! I’m particularly proud of “Paagal Aurat” which translates to Mad Woman and is a favorite name used by my brother to address me!


A post shared by The Abbie (@abbiesadventures) on

This ensemble features a gorgeous, crafty mirror work rickshaw purchased from a souvenir shop at Dolmen Mall in Karachi. Also the Lassi/Ghee maker next to it is another buy from the same place. It’s a rural commodity used to churn butter. And, there’s no “Chauda Agust” without Jhandeeyaan and since it never occurred to me that I should buy some during one of my Karachi trips, I printed some out and did some DIY. More zooms and deets of the ensemble coming soon.
A post shared by The Abbie (@abbiesadventures) on

Catch a glimpse of what the Independence Day festivities are like on the streets of Pakistan.

A post shared by The Abbie (@abbiesadventures) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: