Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Abbie's Awesome Box: October Favorites

October's Awesome Box is pretty rushed - I must confess. I have been practically living out of my bags. The box is a gorgeous, glittery storage box I found at Michael's. This was at half price and cost me around $7 or $8. The masquerade masks have been with me for quite a few years now. The gold one came as a birthday gift couple of years ago from my sister. The black one was from Dollar Tree. Yes! That store sells some pretty expensive-looking pieces.
And when the lid comes off, the magic happens. The inside of the storage box is as beautiful as the outside. My October finds are a mix of Halloween/Fall decor items, candies, some movies that I finally got time to watch, and cosmetics!
Bath & Body Works Bee You Honey Lavender Woods Hand Cream
My hands are a catastrophe because I indulge in handwashing some laundry (those Harry Potter shirts are sensitive and the washer eats clothes!) and occasionally a dish/teacup or two without wearing gloves. This thick, creamy honey butter works wonders. I love the honey fragrance. This has been my bedtime favorite for almost a month now. The off side is that for $4 this tube is very small. For slightly over $3 I get some very good queen sized lotions from Target.
e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick Bordeaux Beauty
O! Such a gorgeous lipstick for $3. e.l.f. is my favorite makeup brand. I use their non-comedogenic primer and facial mist already. And now, this wonderful shade of burgundy has won my heart. The lipstick works like a moisturiser, definitely. I have my eyes set on the other shades too! 
Owl Earrings
These $2 babies are from Walmart and they were too difficult to ignore. They go perfectly with the Fall season. Not sold anymore.
Owl Brooch
Ever since Fall began I have been pinning this creature on my Hijab. I got her from Ebay somewhere around March and this is not being sold anymore. There are a gazillion other owl brooches available there though.

Starbucks Fall Treats
I was waiting like an owl waits to grab a mouse-y snack. The Pumpkin Bread is a usual ladies treat but it has earned a special mention for Fall. Those gorgeous seasonal Fall leaves are Starbucks cards. I grabbed them from a Starbucks in New York. I am making accessories out of these now. That's another story for later. That glorious drink is the Maple Pecan Latte and as Starbucks promised it had "notes of maple syrup, pecan and brown butter, ... a beautiful sugar topping" and it is was a "can't-miss autumn latte." But I do believe that the Salted Caramel Latte (which I will drown into when my stomach acids die down a bit) is still the star of the show.

Falloween Decor
I do not celebrate Halloween ... but but but ... I am a major freakshow, so I always shop this season for everything my life is all about. I got a ceramic gold skull, a black potions bottle with a cork (thinking of Polyjuice Potion), and the shocking pink potions bottle. These were all $3 each from Target! And, the Potions book is actually a storage box and cost me $5. This beautiful ensemble forms my Potions class section in the Harry Potter shelf!
October Sweet Treats
Godiva Masterpieces, Lindor Truffles, and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans have been my guilty pleasures for the month. 

Movies!!!
The final Pirates Of The Caribbean adventure, Dead Men Tell No Tales and Beauty and the Beast were my October favorite flicks. You can never give less than 5 gold stars (that's where the scale ends!) to Captain Jack Sparrrrrow (spoken like the terrifying Captain Salazar). It was a hilarious and thrilling movie to watch as usual. I even liked Henry Turner! He is not Will Turner okay! But he qualifies as a son *winks* 
Emma Watson takes all the credit for Beauty and the Beast. And shamelessly, I was cheering for Gaston (unlike my reaction over the Disney cartoon movie) because it was so well played by my precious Bard from The Hobbit - Luke Evans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: