Note: This recipe has no quantities mentioned because it can be made according to taste.
INGREDIENTSCanned mushrooms (pieces and stems)
Vegetable (canola) oil
Cheese of your choice
1. Squeeze the canned mushrooms of all excess fluid and dry them out on a dish towel for a couple of hours. You may set them in front of a fan to speed up drying.
2. In a frying pan, add very little vegetable oil (just to barely coat all mushrooms) and add mushrooms.
3. Sprinkle garlic powder on the mushrooms, sparingly.
4. Mix well with a spatula and set on high heat.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Saute the mushrooms well until whatever little fluid remained, dries up.
7. Lay them out on a serving plate and garnish with your choice of cheese (as much as you like!).
8. Microwave the plate to melt the cheese and serve hot!