Monday, April 10, 2017

#AtoZChallenge Lessons Learned At 30: "Hide Your Feelings And Problems"

Frankly --- nobody really cares. Most of the time (I realized!) that we waste time trying to share and then explain our problems to others. 80% are only listening because they derive pleasure out of your problems and would spin them into gossip, 15% are listening because they have expert advice to offer to make themselves feel like superheroes and will always conclude you are wrong, and the remaining 5% are not really listening. 
It is a pain to have all of the above happen when you confide in someone about your fears and problems. To 95% of the world, my fears and problems are not substantial fears and problems. So my panic, nervousness, anxiety, GERD, TMJ are all petty issues to those who haven't experienced them. Why explain?
Hide is not a submissive or pitiful word here ...
I save myself the added trouble of wasting my breath and then damaging my self esteem by not talking about my fears and problems.


1 comment:

  1. I bet you're gonna unlearn this by 40. I've been wrong before, lots of times, but I don't think I am on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Me Comments: