Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bard Overboard


"Hear ye! Hear ye!" 
I scream, standing at the front deck,
"What the heck? What the heck?"
Here it sinks; the ship of my sanity,
And with it go all reason and rhyme.
"No time! No time!"
I intend to jump the ocean deep
Into unknown depths - a hundred leagues.
No crew can match my quantum leap,
So I jump alone for the uncanny feat.
They believed not when my words sailed course,
Diverted life's vessel with stubborn force,
And now as it sinks in familiar waters,
"I am out! I quit!"
I was crazy to begin, I was mad for starters.
My words were insane, had no rational thought,
But my sails blew, the wheel turned,
Through waves of uncertainty, the ship fought.
And then they told me to switch course,
They liked not the challenge of uncanny seas,
And yet, it sinks today, at their favorite course.
So! I jump! 
"Cheers! For the uncanny!"
I go down with dignity.
"Bard overboard!"
Your troubles are over!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: