Friday, August 22, 2014

"It's a Hakuna-Matata-Kinda Life"


Behold! That is Bestie and I watching The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey after a fast-paced fruits-and-stuff grocery day. It is not that we haven't already watched the movie, but Bestie wanted to re-watch this to be able to watch Desolation of Smaug with me. She's forgotten some bits and pieces of this movie. So, we've been watching this in chunks - about half hour daily for two days now - after dinner.

We've been laughing like crazies over Radagast reviving the cute little sweetheart porcupine, Sebastian, Fili and Kili scaring the bejeebers out of Bilbo Baggins, and Bilbo Baggins being Bilbo Baggins! The Orcs have been scaring the bejeebers out of Bestie by the way. Her ultimate favorite (tease!) is Azog the Defiler.

This kind of free-living can only be enjoyed when one has summed up academic life. Period. I have summed it all up for eternal good after having earned an MBA degree. Bestie is on an extended, undecided, break until next year before she begins her MBA. And so we are enjoying our Hakuna Matata adventures.


Bestie disowned me a while ago (on a side note) when I told her about Captain Harlock. She doesn't like Japanese manga and this is my first time ever watching one. It isn't my fault, really, because Netflix flashed the mysterious Captain Harlock on the title cover and I thought he was a real human being in flesh and bones. I found myself watching an anime movie, a few minutes later. The character is so well built and well played that I am going to have to watch this through. Harlock's spaceship is pretty amazing too.
The teensy bit of fun-spoiler in our life is the four-lettered word DIET. We have switched to salad for lunch and we are on a quest to make interesting curry-based veggies to add to the leaves and twigs for some taste. This is entirely because salad dressings carry a dragon-load of sugars.
Also, we have gotten ourselves some pretty expensive shoes by Naturalizer. They were my medical need because I am supposed to accommodate an orthotic sole in them, but their sleek look made Bestie grab a pair as well. It was a BOGO 1/2 off the 2nd pair sale at Famous Footwear, so we totally dug in! The photo was a tweet we sent in to Famous Footwear because they had a "Can't Decide" sign on the mirror and a note telling us to hashtag them and tweet our feet.

These feet are in for great adventure, I tell you!


No Sugar Added ice-cream and sugar free Jell-O have been our lifesavers lately. They have been adding some sweetness to our salad diet. But they trigger cravings so we need to draw the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: