Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Skeet Ulrich Replies to My Tweet - March 1st Makes History


I am a major, die-hard fan of Mr. Skeet Ulrich since 1998 when I saw the Scream (1996) slasher movie. It was my first slasher and I loved the psychopath killer sequence. A previous thriller that I had seen before had a super long name, something like I Know Who You Are And I Know What You Did [couldn't find it in the web search]. The story was intriguing. Some unfortunate prank-calling young sisters got connected to a killer's phone. He had killed his wife and the girls saying 'I know who you are and I know what you did' made the killer come after them. The movie, I remember was clean because there were just the home alone girls and the killer. Scream was an R rating because it had lots of language and high school dirt involved. The best part was its story about psychopath killers with a super psycho motive. The execution of the killing plan was pretty entertaining, starting off with an anonymous caller asking horror/slasher movie trivia.
Ulrich has a very refined thriller acting. His character Billy Loomis evolved as an iconic psychopath. The voice changer, movie trivia, and gruesome killing style combined into one epic slasher movie. I cannot deny that his exceptional good looks were one of the many reasons Scream became a historical legend in teen slasher movies. Freddy Kreuger and Jason must have felt the envy.

I remember how I watched Scream for the first time. It was in my school's audio-visual room. Some ultra popular girls had brought the video cassette and they just wouldn't tell me the name of the movie - because well I was among the social cornerstones. It was the post-exams period when everybody would come to school while the teachers corrected exam papers and discussed corrections with us. The free time was availed by watching movies - supervised by a teacher. Of course these ladies knew the language and sexual imagery in Scream's content and they took control of the VCR. As a result, the movie was watched on a barely audible volume and with lots of fast forwarding. There were no subtitles either. Mr. Ghostface, Billy Loomis, and Stu Matcher convinced me to rent the tape and watch it for myself. Once the tape was popped in and SCREAM - the title - appeared on screen after Casey Becker was slashed, I knew what to rent.

Little did those proud, nosy ladies in the front of the room know that the class's cornerstone that they had tossed aside will have a moment of social media connection with Skeet Ulrich - the man himself, in 2014.


I have been watching the final season of Jericho - a TV series starring Ulrich and after watching an exciting episode Patriots and Tyrants I was simply tweeting away. I had discovered his newly made Twitter account a day earlier so I was habitually tagging him in the tweets. In one of the tweets I inquired where he lived and that I had heard he'd resided in my neighbor state Virginia, and that he was invited for tea if he was listening. The wonderful fellow replied to my cray Tweet and I was practically stunned at past 1 am at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: