Recipe has been borrowed and altered to make a whole wheat, sugar free version.
Whole wheat flour, 1 cup
Equal sweetener sachets, 4
Truvia sweetener sachet, 1
Pineapple juice - unsweetened, 2 tbsp
Imitation vanilla essence, 1 tsp
Baking powder, 2 tsp
Salt, 1/2 tsp
Milk, 1 cup
Vegetable oil, 2 tbsp
Chopped strawberries, as many as you like
Sugar free strawberry jam
- Combine dry ingredients together in a bowl, mix well with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat until a smooth batter is formed.
- Take a large griddle (large, flat pan) and place over moderate heat.
- Brush the griddle with vegetable oil. Use butter for max flavor.
- Sprinkle a drop of water on the griddle, if it makes a crackling sound the pan is ready.
- Use a cooking spoon to scoop the batter and pour slowly on the pan, making a V-shape. The shape spreads to form a heart.
- If you want a circular pancake, pour the batt rat one point and use the back of the spoon to lightly spread it in a circular motion.
- Quickly, before holes start forming on the surface, sprinkle chopped strawberries on the pancake, as many as you like.
- As soon as the first few holes form, use a metallic spatula spoon to turn the pancake.
- Allow the pancake to cook well, keep checking to avoid burning.make sure both sides are cooked well.
- Take the pancake off the griddle and spread some sugar free strawberry jam on it.