Sunday, November 17, 2013

NJM17 A Lot Like Christmas


"Mornings turning misty,
Nights turning dark.
Sipping Peppermint Mochas,
Turning on the Jingle Bell Rock.
All aboard for winters!"
(The Abbie)
*******************************************************************************
Well, well, well ...
We're now entering the time between Fall and the start of Winter when the holiday season's festivities and winter's deliciousness are both triggering on. The pumpkin spice is turning to peppermint in coffeehouses, harvest and pumpkins are transitioning into candy canes and snowmen with a hint of turkey still remaining until Thanksgiving. 
Fall has become super chilly, almost like the start of winter already in Maryland. No complaining! I have gotten my red wool coat with a furry hoodie out for starters. 
**************************************************************************
You know, this is a time of the year when I actually thank God for Coffee and Chai. 
Starbucks Coffee has a BOGO going on on the holiday specialty beverages. The menu features the traditional Caramel Brulee Latte (sipped!), Gingerbread Latte (sipped!),  and the Peppermint Mocha (yet to sip!). I went in for a Peppermint Mocha today, but found the Chestnut Praline Latte and went bonkers. This is most certainly a new one, and NOT on the usual menus or on the Starbucks website. I couldn't help but try. 
I came home and looked it up online to find out about the alien drink and voila! they are testing out the Chestnut Praline Latte on their Holiday Classics menu! The description, on a menu board photo I found o Google, says:
"Flavors of caramelized chestnuts and spices, finished with whipped cream and spiced praline crumbs."
Wow! I could taste the chestnuts and the praline crumbs, but the barista could have added more syrup to bring the full taste on! There was no whipped cream on mine either! It warmed my holiday spirits nevertheless. Bravo!
Okay, I also found out why the Eggnog Latte is missing! StarbuckMelody.com has it that:
Locations testing out the Chestnut Praline Latte and Cherries Jubilee Mocha have either the Eggnog Latte or the Gingerbread Latte missing. Aww! Take away the Gingerbread! I want to test the Cherries Jubilee Mocha! They are selling that in limited regions of Florida. I envy Florida. It has the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and now THIS! 
StarbucksMelody.com describes the Cherries Jubilee Mocha:

"The Cherries Jubilee Mocha appears to be the smaller test of the two, and is available in limited areas of Florida (Orlando and Tampa). It’s a mocha with cherry syrup, and it calls for a little cocoa powder on top, and a some special cherry drizzle."

Starbucks' red cups are truly precious! Even more precious are their red cup ornament cards. I collect Starbucks cards and the barista understood my emotions when I asked her not to discard my older Braille design card when it was drained of its balance. This red cup card is the first of its kind because it is shaped like a Starbucks beverage cup - a specialty holiday season red one. This is going straight in my key ring.

*******************************************************************************

Hey, StarbucksHolidayJoy.com is letting you share your holiday wish and adding it to a holiday wreath. I added mine, this is how mine is displayed. I wished "To Find A Light In The Dark." Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: