Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween: Real Life's Tale


Life could very well resemble a horror movie. I have no intentions of playing the long-haired, attic-zombie-girl, but I certainly fit into a helpless character like Casey Becker. There are multiple Ghostface killers around to dampen my spirits. 
I love Halloween. There, it's official now. The critique paparazzi can have their moments now. I have the same wish as Carly Beth's, for everyday to be Halloween so I can hide behind a mask. Otherwise, usually everybody else is creeping me out. 
I thought when college got over that the worst is behind me now. Little did I know that with what real life had to offer the peer pressure, bullying, and stereotypical insanity was easier to handle. *insert sarcastic grin here*
My ride's dashboard got a spooky makeover as well, featuring Mr. Stab, some pumpkins and cauldrons from the Harry Potter Theme Birthday, a cobweb net, and a masquerade mask. I love masquerade masks! P.S. I have to think of a name for my ride. I am thinking along the lines of Nazgul, Hawk, and Grimm. Yes, all the dark stuff.
Dark stuff reminds me of a conversation I overheard between a little boy and his grandpa at Party City while they were picking out a Halloween costume. 
"But I am on the dark side."
Grandpa at Party City (taking a costume-play sword from the Little Boy's hands): "No, not this, we've got to find something good."
Little Boy (annoyed): "But this IS good!"
Grandpa: "No, this is more on the dark side. We need to get something on the good side."
Little Boy: "But I am on the dark side."
Grandpa (bewildered): "No, you're not! You don't even know the dark side."
Little Boy: "But I know the dark side!"
Grandpa (frustrated): "What is the dark side?"
Little Boy (pouting): "The one with the sword!"
I didn't do a costume. I already did a Shadowhunter cosplay for The Mortal Instruments City of Bones movie show, so instead I went with a classic Jack Skellington tea I picked up at Walmart for $8.89. The rubber imagery at the front glows in the dark! The sleeves are a perfect bonus! I love alternate print sleeves. I also picked up a nightie that goes with the spooks season. It is black with words in different colors. There is Candy Corn, trick or treat, pumpkin pie, black cat, and so many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: