Friday, October 28, 2011

Celebratory Surprises: Salted Caramel Mocha & Pumpkin Spice Eggnog

Each new handcrafted drink at a coffeehouse works like a celebratory surprise.
It's always a welcome anticipation for instance today's Salted Caramel Mocha. No matter what circumstance and saga played behind it, that little gifted hour was bliss.
I was skeptical about tasting a caramel mocha that was seasoned with sea salt so I questioned the barista about it. She told me it would not make the mocha salty literally but would add a bit of salt to cut through the extra sweet. Little did I know that the mocha was a sugar explosion.
You wouldn't want to have it if you're on a full stomach but for my irritable headache and hunger rumbles in the belly, the extra sweet concoction did wonders, thank God. It definitely stabilized the mood swing, temporarily though, but thank God for that.
The cafe also had some samples on their counter which is unusual for me, I haven't seen sampling at Starbucks Coffee before, maybe I have missed. The barista told me it was Pumpkin Spice Latte with Eggnog and I had to try the fusion. The new concoction was sweetness overload but a brilliant mix of two bold tastes. I feel they should neutralize the sweetness a bit and definitely commercialize the beverage remix. (If they haven't already, I live on an oblivious planet). Maybe a dash of sea salt would do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: