Saturday, August 26, 2006

Don't Wake Me From My Slumber, Dear

Don't wake me from my slumber, dear,
A dark hour strikes at its might,
I intend to dream, I have the right.

On an eerie, moonless, silent night,
When shadows die, betrayed by light,
In peace I rest,
Out of sight.

Don't wake me from my slumber, dear,
Wounded I lie in my crypt each night,
My heart can no more fight,
A worthless fight.

I have no sorrow, no fright,
Except the burning beacons of light,
Deceptive oaths, sarcastic delights.

Don't wake me from my slumber, dear,
I'd rip you to shreds!
I might, I might!
I'm a dead inferno,
Do not ignite.

I sleep in blissful neglect,
I sleep tight.
Don't resurrect, don't reunite,
A vampire to her memories,
Of the fatal bite.

Don't wake me from my slumber, dear,
You think I'll be happy?
I say not quite!
You have no power, no right!

This angel fell at a dagger's might,
The massacre, a gruesome sight,
Her apparel,
Crimson - from white.

Photo credit: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Sleeping-Velvet-64226327

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Me Comments: